The internet, and blogs, are an amazing place. Just when you think no one cares what you have to say, someone gives you a blog award or gets you involved in a game of blog-tag.
The super lovely Lauren from thoughts on my bookshelf was once again so kind (she gave me my first blog award on my other blog!) tagged me just the other day, so here is my post about it. Blog-tag is, or at least should be, an excellent way to get to know each other. So here goes…
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
3. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
4. Tag eleven people with a link to your post.
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Lauren’s questions answered…
1. What fictional character (from books, tv, movies) would you say is most like you? Anne Shirley from LM Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables … I grew up reading about Anne’s adventures and they helped me realize it was okay to get lost in the worlds I created in my head.
2. If you could live anywhere (real or fictional place), where would you live? Paris. Always Paris. In any era, in any age, in any arrondisement – always Paris. J’adore Paris.
3. What are the last three books you read? They’re Watching by Gregg Huertz (super suspenseful), The House of Thunder by Dean Koontz (very suspenseful), and The 6th Lamentation by William Brodick (incredibly good)
4. Worst movie you’ve ever seen? It’s a tie between The Royal Tennenbaums and Running with Scissors.
5. Have you ever met a celebrity? (tell the story, you know you want to) Sadly no. The closest I’ve come is meeting Bruce Baumgartner (Olympic wrestling gold medalist) when I went on a school trip to the college where he coaches. I don’t count that.
6. What is your favourite thing to do when you have free time? Read. Write. Read. Write. And read some more.
7. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I figured I had something to say and maybe someone online would appreciate it. Simple as that.
8. What’s your favourite thing about writing a blog? The absolute best thing about blogging is when someone comments and you realize that someone actually, literally, and truly read what you wrote. That’s an amazing feeling. Makes it all worth it.
9. What was the last thing you did before writing this blog post? Checked my email.
10. Do you love your job / why? Yes, because it’s what I want to do. But that doesn’t mean I’d say no to new, better one.
11. What’s the best advice someone ever gave you? My parents have always told me to follow my heart because what makes me happy will make them happy, no matter what. I don’t know if that’s advice exactly, but it’s what I live by. I have to be me and things will work with that.
Questions for people I’m tagging…
- Who is your favorite author?
- What movie have you seen more than any other?
- Where would you go if you could go anywhere in the world for ten days?
- Why are you responding to this tag?
- Who is your favorite musician or band?
- What book have you read more than any other?
- Where is the most amazing place you’ve ever been?
- Do you watch reality television/why?
- What’s your guilty pleasure/vice?
- If you could go anywhere in the world (country, city, or restaurant) for a single meal, just to say you did, where would you go?
- The Twilight Saga, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games: have you read them and how do you rank them?
And the people I’m tagging…
So, yeah, I don’t follow eleven blogs at the moment. So I’m only tagging six. And to the six of you, thank you for letting me bug you again. Feel free to ignore me!
Thanks for tagging me Lauren!